Thursday, April 22, 2010

I Enjoy the Outdoors

I have found that the backyard is a great place to let loose. At first I was a bit overwhelmed with the size of his place, but you wouldn't know it today.

I pounce around the yard sniffing out things exploring. I've also been practicing "potty outside". My foster mom get's all excited when I poo or pee out there. It's funny to watch her and hear her voice go really high. She even sometimes gives me treats for doing a good job. I love that part.

When I first came into foster care I knew to go potty outside, but needed a lot of practice to start to understand I should do that ALL the time. I am about 85% the way there and continue to excel the more my foster mom prompts me to go outside.

I do know how to use our dog door, but I like to make my foster mom work and give me treats for doing it while she is looking. I need to be treated like a pup who should be kept on a schedule. For example soon after I eat, play hard or wake up I should try to go potty outside.

I don't understand if I do have an accident inside and a human over reacts by barking loudly. It's best to just clean up after me and take me out side to I know I really should have done that out there. I'll get even better as time goes on and I get to practice. I'm pretty sure human babies take a lot of time to learn thing gig, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment