Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Lot of Catch Up Work To Do


I have to get my blog caught up so I thought I would try to get that done tonight. I've been so busy it's hard to please my fans. Woof woof!

A few weeks ago I had surgery on my right hind leg to fix my luxatting patella, whatever that is. All I know is it made my leg hurt and I had to hold it up a lot. I could run and do everything pretty normal, but it needed fixing. A really great vet doctor man, Dr. Whittle, gifted me the surgery and the last 2 weeks I have been healing.

I had no idea what was going on. My foster mommy dropped me off at Aunt Foster Terry's house and then she took me to the vet...wham I was knocked out and woke up with a cone on my head and my leg hurt more than before. Ouchie.

The next day Aunt T and foster mommy picked me up and took me to something called a Rat Terrier Jamboree in Sweetwater, TN. More about that later.

Today it's been 13 days since my surgery. Tomorrow I go to get the last 4 staples pulled out. I pulled one of them mostly out myself and the doctor said I didn't need it and took it out last week. I hope this doesn't hurt my little leg. I have been hopping a bit the last few days, but hopefully it's nothing serious.

I will get my left hind leg fixed up in about 2 more weeks and start all over with that cone on my head and ouchie leg. Man oh man I can't wait til this silly surgery stuff is over. I have come so far and after this I will be a super healthy boy I think.

I'll keep you posted on my other leg and the progress with my right leg as time goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment